Fiber artwork - AURORA
Incorporate a Pop of Color
Aurora is one of those textile art pieces that seems like it’s always in motion, even when it’s hanging perfectly still. Crafted from thick strands of hand-worked fibers suspended from an oak-wooden bar, this wall hanging is sophistication personified.
Inspired by the gently shifting tones of the breaking day, Aurora takes its name from the Roman goddess of the dawn. Each dip-dyed strand of organic cotton gently fades from dark to light in deep, rich colors that will take your breath away. Incredible colors, gradients and traditional weaving techniques come together in a piece that has to be seen to be truly appreciated. It's the perfect piece to instantly add a splash of color to your home.
- Title: AURORA
- Designed by Fiber Artist Rianne Aarts
- Completely Handmade (Made in Holland)
- Comes signed with certificate of Authenticity
- Using Natural Organic Cotton (OEKO-tex) and Eco-friendly dyes
- Free Worldwide Shipping ✈
(Dowel width x Macrame height)
- S: 12" x 16.5" ( 32 cm x 42 cm )
- M: 20" x 25" ( 50 cm x 65 cm )
- L: 28" x 33.5" ( 71 cm x 85 cm )
- XL: 34" x 47" ( 86 cm x 120 cm )
- XXL: 46" x 53.5" (117 cm x 136 cm)
- 3XL: 58" x 60" (147 cm x 152.5 cm )
* These are the measurements without a hanging-string (roughly 5")
** Because of the weight, sizes large and up come with mounting brackets instead of a hanging string.
• Made-to-order: this wall hanging is completely handmade in our studio in The Netherlands.
• Lead time: it will take roughly 3 - 5 working days to create.
• Free Worldwide Shipping: Shipping is free - 2 day delivery! ✈
• Returns: 30-day exchange period on all (non-custom) fiber artworks.
This wall decor arrives fully assembled and ready to hang right out of the box.
Sizes Small and medium come with a hanging string and sizes Large to 3XL come with mounting brackets and wall-mounting hardware, for a lovely floating look. Instructions are included for effortless installation
• Custom wall art is one the easiest ways to personalize your home decor. If you want to customize sizing, colors, or the design of this wall hanging, click here.
• Looking for an even more personal piece? Commission an original fiber art completely tailored to your project or interior. To get the conversation started, please fill in the commission survey here:
Meet the artist
I'm Rianne Aarts, the artist and owner of Teddy and Wool. Creating things of beauty has always been my passion since I was young. After studying at the Art Academy, I worried about making a living as an artist and pursued law instead. However, I couldn't ignore my true calling and started my own art studio in 2016. Since then, I've been commissioned by thousands of clients and by brands such as Google, Marriott, Hilton Hotels and Starbucks.
Please join me on this journey and allow me to create a beautiful handmade fiber art piece just for you!
Our Modern Macrame Wall Art from Teddy and...
Our Modern Macrame Wall Art from Teddy and Wool has been a great addition to our home. It added to the warmth of our place, and had been a consistent conversation piece with guests since it arrived. Rianne is a great artisan who delivers a very professional customer service experience. I can't recommend her and her beautiful pieces enough.
Words and pictures won’t do this beautiful...
Words and pictures won’t do this beautiful piece of art justice. I instantly became obsessed with this piece and purchasing it was the best decision I have made in a while. As my first real art purchase it brings me so much joy every time I look at it. The quality is impeccable and it’s just as gorgeous (if not more) in real life! Added bonus of production being fast and shipping to NYC in a day?! No brainer. As someone who finds it hard to make decisions, I’m telling you, GET IT!
Amazing wall art and just as beautiful as...
Amazing wall art and just as beautiful as the pictures show