Recycled and Framed Textile Art - MIYAA
"Recycling turns things into other things. Which is like MAGIC.”
A sustainable lifestyle means caring for our fellow human beings, animals, and the environment. I try to be mindful about the food I eat, the clothes I wear, and the world I live in, but connecting this lifestyle to art & design does require a bit of creativity.
This sustainable fiber artwork is the perfect example of such creativity. The wall art is made using hundreds of leftover bits and pieces of recycled cotton string and wool. In order to prevent waste and promote reuse, I carefully gathered and collect these materials together every time I worked on a wall hanging. This large framed macramé fiber art is completely sustainable and will add personality, depth, and sophistication to your interior.
The wall hanging is titled 'MIYAA' - it features a beautiful abstract rugged landscape contained in a wooden framework. This art piece is handmade-to-order and is designed and created by The Netherlands-based Fiber Artist Rianne Aarts.
- Title: 'MIYAA' (2022)
- Designed and created by Fiber Artist Rianne Aarts
- Completely Handmade (Made in Holland)
- Comes with Certificate of Authenticity
- Using Recycled Natural Organic Cotton (OEKO-tex) and Merino Wool
- Free Worldwide Shipping
S I Z E
Frame: 40" width x 40" length (102 cm x 102 cm)
M A T E R I A L S
Recycled Natural Organic Cotton
- Recycled Merino Wool
- Natural oak-wood framework
• Made-to-order: this wall hanging is completely handmade in our studio in The Netherlands
• Lead time: It takes roughly 2 weeks to create this piece
• Free Worldwide Shipping: UPS 2-day delivery! ✈
This wall décor arrives fully framed and ready to hang right out of the box with wall-mounting hardware and instructions included for effortless installation
• Custom wall art is one of the easiest ways to personalize your home decor. If you want to customize sizing, colors, or the design of this wall hanging, click here.
• Looking for an even more personal piece? Commission an original fiber art completely tailored to your project or interior. To get the conversation started, please fill in the commission survey here:
Meet the artist
I'm Rianne Aarts, the artist and owner of Teddy and Wool. Creating things of beauty has always been my passion since I was young. After studying at the Art Academy, I worried about making a living as an artist and pursued law instead. However, I couldn't ignore my true calling and started my own art studio in 2016. Since then, I've been commissioned by thousands of clients and by brands such as Google, Marriott, Hilton Hotels and Starbucks.
Please join me on this journey and allow me to create a beautiful handmade fiber art piece just for you!